[Csnd] CsounQt release candidate

please download the release candidate for CsoundQt 0.9.5 that and try if it
works for you:

http://tarmo.uuu.ee/varia/failid/cs/CsoundQt/

The mac pacage there has verion number 0.9.4.2, but it is basically the same.

There is not much new, a number of bug fixes, perhaps most important new
behaviour is work with some shortcuts that also caused some changes:

now Alt-1, Alt-2 focus according tab, Ctrl-1, Ctrl-2 etc open or raise
according panel that was assigned to Alt-1 etc (1- Widgets, 2- Help, 3-
console, 4- htmlview, 5- inspector, etc ).

You need to set the keyboard shortcuts to default in Edit->Keyboard shortcuts
to enable this.

I will write much clearer release notes soon but first try out if this version
works.

On Windows unzip the zip-file somewhere and run CsoundQt-d-cs6.exe from there,
for MacOS users, it is a usual dmg file - open it and run CsoundQt from there.
Who build CsoundQt from sources, please pull it from master branch.

This version does not include yet html-support since it requires more work and
testing. I hope to upload beta version with html support soon.

Please do try it out before release and report back, not after...

Thanks!
tarmo

Re: [Csnd] CsounQt release candidate

gsenna
Hi Tarmo,

I built the 0.9.6-beta tag on Linux yesterday. It solved a problem
(buttons not sending anything through channels) I was having with the
.deb available through the ubuntu repos (v0.9.3).

But now every time I run a .csd that contains errors (Csound compile
failed!  -1), CsoundQt becomes unresponsive and I have to terminate it
manually. Also yesterday I don't know what I did but I triggered a leak
and before I could do anything CsoundQt ate all my RAM and swap file
memory. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I was much more worried
about trying to finish something on time than trying to debug CsoundQt.

Let me know if you want me to try something on my Linux installation!

Cheers.

On 07/10/17 13:01, Tarmo Johannes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> please download the release candidate for CsoundQt 0.9.5 that and try if it
> works for you:
>
> http://tarmo.uuu.ee/varia/failid/cs/CsoundQt/
>
> The mac pacage there has verion number 0.9.4.2, but it is basically the same.
>
> There is not much new, a number of bug fixes, perhaps most important new
> behaviour is work with some shortcuts that also caused some changes:
>
> now Alt-1, Alt-2 focus according tab, Ctrl-1, Ctrl-2 etc open or raise
> according panel that was assigned to Alt-1 etc (1- Widgets, 2- Help, 3-
> console, 4- htmlview, 5- inspector, etc ).
>
> You need to set the keyboard shortcuts to default in Edit->Keyboard shortcuts
> to enable this.
>
> I will write much clearer release notes soon but first try out if this version
> works.
>
> On Windows unzip the zip-file somewhere and run CsoundQt-d-cs6.exe from there,
> for MacOS users, it is a usual dmg file - open it and run CsoundQt from there.
> Who build CsoundQt from sources, please pull it from master branch.
>
> This version does not include yet html-support since it requires more work and
> testing. I hope to upload beta version with html support soon.
>
> Please do try it out before release and report back, not after...
>
> Thanks!
> tarmo

Re: [Csnd] CsounQt release candidate

gsenna
Regarding .csds that contain errors, if I pause the debugger after
CsoundQt becomes unresponsive I get to the point when you're applying a
lock inside CsoundEngine::isRunning(). Does that make sense to you?

I'm going to subscribe to the CsoundQt mailing list.

Cheers.

On 12/10/17 19:26, Guillermo Senna wrote:

> Hi Tarmo,
>
> I built the 0.9.6-beta tag on Linux yesterday. It solved a problem
> (buttons not sending anything through channels) I was having with the
> .deb available through the ubuntu repos (v0.9.3).
>
> But now every time I run a .csd that contains errors (Csound compile
> failed!  -1), CsoundQt becomes unresponsive and I have to terminate it
> manually. Also yesterday I don't know what I did but I triggered a leak
> and before I could do anything CsoundQt ate all my RAM and swap file
> memory. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I was much more worried
> about trying to finish something on time than trying to debug CsoundQt.
>
> Let me know if you want me to try something on my Linux installation!
>
> Cheers.
>

> On 07/10/17 13:01, Tarmo Johannes wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> please download the release candidate for CsoundQt 0.9.5 that and try if it
>> works for you:
>>
>> http://tarmo.uuu.ee/varia/failid/cs/CsoundQt/
>>
>> The mac pacage there has verion number 0.9.4.2, but it is basically the same.
>>
>> There is not much new, a number of bug fixes, perhaps most important new
>> behaviour is work with some shortcuts that also caused some changes:
>>
>> now Alt-1, Alt-2 focus according tab, Ctrl-1, Ctrl-2 etc open or raise
>> according panel that was assigned to Alt-1 etc (1- Widgets, 2- Help, 3-
>> console, 4- htmlview, 5- inspector, etc ).
>>
>> You need to set the keyboard shortcuts to default in Edit->Keyboard shortcuts
>> to enable this.
>>
>> I will write much clearer release notes soon but first try out if this version
>> works.
>>
>> On Windows unzip the zip-file somewhere and run CsoundQt-d-cs6.exe from there,
>> for MacOS users, it is a usual dmg file - open it and run CsoundQt from there.
>> Who build CsoundQt from sources, please pull it from master branch.
>>
>> This version does not include yet html-support since it requires more work and
>> testing. I hope to upload beta version with html support soon.
>>
>> Please do try it out before release and report back, not after...
>>
>> Thanks!
>> tarmo

Re: [Csnd] CsounQt release candidate

Tarmo Johannes-3
Thank you!

Could you please switch to master branch in git, that includes 0.9.5-rc and try that? And let's continue int the qutecsound list.

Greetings,
Tarmo