[Csnd] Code Share: Modal Synthesis Study

[Csnd] Code Share: Modal Synthesis Study

Steven Yi
Hi All,

I thought I'd share some modal synthesis inspired sounds. Resonant
bank of mode filters are driven by a noise impulse and and saw to get
a percussive and flute-like sounds:

https://ide.csound.com/editor/j8idTkXNF5hgBGV5JFF3

The project has some rhythmic patterns and a wistful melodic line used
for testing/sketching.

Cheers!
Steven

project.zip (90K) Download Attachment

Re: [Csnd] Code Share: Modal Synthesis Study

Doctor B
This one is pretty sweet too!  Learning a ton from these models and music you are sharing.
- thanks so much Steven.

Dr. Richard Boulanger

Professor of Electronic Production and Design

Berklee College of Music

Professional Writing and Technology Division

Re: [Csnd] Code Share: Modal Synthesis Study

Jeanette C.
Hi Steven,
thanks for sharing this. First and foremost, I think it's a nice, melancholic
piece, quite sweet actually. :) So far I've never tried to use the mode filter
with a "legato" signal. Thanks for the inspiration. As simple as the flute is,
I like it and I can see a few ways to play with the sound.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Can't you see I'm a fool in so many ways <3
(Britney Spears)