[Csnd] CSound book CD ROM download

martin64
I've recently purchased the CSound Book, looks pretty good. But I'm a bit
disappointed that it didn't come with the CD. The book seems to reference it
quite a lot, and it has a lot of interesting extra chapters.

Is it available for download anywhere?

All can find is some very old links that don't work anymore.

I'm not trying to steal anything, the book wasn't cheap and I'm pretty sure
the CD contents should be part of it. If anyone has a link I would really
appreciate it.

Thanks

(Hope this didn't get posted twice, seemed to get lost the first time)

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] CSound book CD ROM download

Marc Demers-2

Are you speaking of the Csound Book 2000 edition ? Shall have 2 CD…

Provenance : Courrier pour Windows 10

Re: [Csnd] CSound book CD ROM download

Pablo Frank

Whover sold you the book without the cds, did a mistake, or did a crime. I recommend you to make contact with Richard Boulanger.

Re: [Csnd] CSound book CD ROM download

Doctor B
Hello Martin, Hello Csounders,

I am so happy that you purchased the Csound Book.  New or Used, I believe that it is still a great and inspiring resource.

You are correct that there are many additional chapters and important additional materials on the CD-ROMS that came with the book.
Yet, for some years now, MIT Press has not included the CD-ROMS with The Csound Book. Back in 2011, they asked me for an update
that they would include on their website, but I don't think it can be found there any longer.

And so...

Below you will find links, in the Public DropBox Folder of my personal DropBox account, to the following:

The original HTML and DATA CD-ROMS from 2000 that came with The Csound Book

AND

The 2011 DVD update that I did for MIT Press.  It includes many additional items; all chapters are converted from HTML to PDF; all the .orc and .sco files are converted to .csd files.

I hope that this is a help to you in your work with and your studies of Csound.

I am also happy to report that I am currently working on a major revision of The Csound Book for MIT Press!

Some chapters will be removed, some chapters will be expanded, a number of new chapters will be added,
and a website repository of the CDROM/DVD additional content - will be expanded and updated.

This is going to take me some time, but it is in progress and I will keep you posted as things get closer to being finished.

Hopefully, these links will be a help to you and other Csounders.

Best,

Dr.B.

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor of Electronic Production and Design
Professional Writing and Music Technology Division
Berklee College of Music
President of Boulanger Labs - http://boulangerlabs.com
Author & Editor of The Csound Book - http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/csound-book
Author & Editor of The Audio Programming Book - http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/audio-programming-book
about:
http://www.boulangerlabs.com/#about
about: http://www.csounds.com/community/developers/dr-richard-boulanger/
music: http://www.csounds.com/community/developers/dr-richard-boulanger/dr-richard-boulanger-music/

email: [hidden email]
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/richard.boulanger.58

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 5:12 PM, Pablo Frank <[hidden email]> wrote:

Whover sold you the book without the cds, did a mistake, or did a crime. I recommend you to make contact with Richard Boulanger.

Re: [Csnd] CSound book CD ROM download

genell
Fantastic news, and great resources!
Thank you, Dr.B.

/Regards,
Anders

9 juli 2018 kl. 14:50 skrev Dr. Richard Boulanger <[hidden email]>:

[...]

Thanks for this, I've downloaded the CD and I'm gradually working through the book and the samples. It should keep me busy for a while, but I'm hoping eventually to be able to design some experimental instruments and make some compositions. Great book, and CSound is awesome.

Thanks

Martin

Re: [Csnd] CSound book CD ROM download

Zoe Byrne
can you give the link to download the cd?

Hi,