Quantcast

[Csnd] COSMO Image for Raspberry Pi updated

[Csnd] COSMO Image for Raspberry Pi updated

Bernt Isak Wærstad
Seems like at least a few people have used our (COSMO) image for the Raspberry Pi, so I thought it was worth mentioning that we've finally found time to clean it up a bit (getting rid of unused files etc.) and updated Csound to version 6.08

We also had quite a substantial rework of our documentation, which includes both some general information of Csound on the Raspberry Pi and explanation of our dsp-library (set of effects packed into UDOs with normalized control arguments) which can be used on any platform.

Re: [Csnd] COSMO Image for Raspberry Pi updated

rorywalsh
Great stuff guys.

On 27 Mar 2017 16:43, "Bernt Isak Wærstad" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Seems like at least a few people have used our (COSMO) image for the Raspberry Pi, so I thought it was worth mentioning that we've finally found time to clean it up a bit (getting rid of unused files etc.) and updated Csound to version 6.08

We also had quite a substantial rework of our documentation, which includes both some general information of Csound on the Raspberry Pi and explanation of our dsp-library (set of effects packed into UDOs with normalized control arguments) which can be used on any platform.

Re: [Csnd] COSMO Image for Raspberry Pi updated

Bernt Isak Wærstad
Glad it can be of help for others as well!

On 27 March 2017 at 21:18, Dave Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Mvh.

Bernt Isak Wærstad

Re: [Csnd] COSMO Image for Raspberry Pi updated

zappfinger

Great stuff indeed. I'm working now on a COSMOSC version, that is: changing the Cabbage example to use OSC, so that is becomes a GUI only. Then also connecting my midi controller...

BTW, there are some references to files that do not exist anymore in the Effects folder, like AudioAnalyzer.csd.

Richard

On 28/03/17 01:35, Bernt Isak Wærstad wrote:
[...]

Sounds awesome! Would be great if you're willing to share it when it's done and we could include it in our repo. Rory has also been testing a new Cabbage feature where you can browse the RPi from Cabbage through the network. A combination of these would be great I think - being able to both edit and controll from your Laptop, while all audio processing is done on the RPi!

We haven't been using the Cabbage code for a while now, so had forgot to update it. Thanks for pointing it out! Fixed in git (cosmo-dsp) now!

The AudioAnalyzer is still there btw - it's just not supported by our COSMO-Patcher toolset, so it's moved to the folder "not_supported" :)

On 30 March 2017 at 09:00, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Sure I willing to share once it's done and working.

I've also been thinking about running a Csound server on the Pi (maybe with all effects included) and then dynamically loading instruments, maybe via Cabbage combo boxes...

It would also be nice if Cabbage could reflect what pots and buttons control, in stead of having to remember that pot0 is for resonance, etc.

Richard

On 30/03/17 16:28, Bernt Isak Wærstad wrote:
[...]

I just posted some COSMOSC files on the Cabbage forum:

http://forum.cabbageaudio.com/t/cosmosc-gui-and-server-examples/468