[Csnd] Arrays of the same instrument?

fauveboy
sampler_two.csd
<http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/file/t339654/sampler_two.csd>

I currently have a single opcode to playback a single sample. If I want to
play multiple samples I would obviously add more of the (in this case)
flooper2 opcode to process it.

But instead of copying and paste with a new instrument number is it possible
to create an array instead, just defining one flooper2 and then stating I
want eight of these, for example?

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] Arrays of the same instrument?

jpff
Why not just start 8 instances of the instrument?

We have discussed having arrays of instances but it is not there at present.

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

On May 13, 2018, 12:24, at 12:24, fauveboy <[hidden email]> wrote:

>sampler_two.csd
><http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/file/t339654/sampler_two.csd>
>
>I currently have a single opcode to playback a single sample. If I want
>play multiple samples I would obviously add more of the (in this case)
>flooper2 opcode to process it.
>
>But instead of copying and paste with a new instrument number is it
>possible
>to create an array instead, just defining one flooper2 and then stating
>want eight of these, for example?
>

>--
>Sent from:
>http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

>[hidden email]
>https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>Send bugs reports to
>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] Arrays of the same instrument?

fauveboy
ah, of course, sorry, I could use multiple instances. I guess then I can have
multiple f tables storing the samples which can be allocated to a new
instance.

Now that makes me wonder if there is a way to have an array f-tables? I am
thinking ahead here. but for example, if there are 0 to 8 samples stored on
disk a for loop could initialize an array of f-tables to save writing out
all the tables?

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] Arrays of the same instrument?

Victor Lazzarini-2
yes, you can have multiple f-tables and store their numbers in an i-time array.

> On 13 May 2018, at 13:18, fauveboy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> ah, of course, sorry, I could use multiple instances. I guess then I can have
> multiple f tables storing the samples which can be allocated to a new
> instance.
>
> Now that makes me wonder if there is a way to have an array f-tables? I am
> thinking ahead here. but for example, if there are 0 to 8 samples stored on
> disk a for loop could initialize an array of f-tables to save writing out
> all the tables?
>

> --
> Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] Arrays of the same instrument?

fauveboy
but that would still require writing out each f tables?

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] Arrays of the same instrument?

Victor Lazzarini-2
I think you may use a loop and ftgen.

> On 13 May 2018, at 13:31, fauveboy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> but that would still require writing out each f tables?
>

> --
> Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] Arrays of the same instrument?

Victor Lazzarini-2
ah, there’s also this opcode from Rory

I forgot all about it.

On 13 May 2018, at 13:32, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:

I think you may use a loop and ftgen.

On 13 May 2018, at 13:31, fauveboy <[hidden email]> wrote:

but that would still require writing out each f tables?

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] Arrays of the same instrument?

fauveboy
Great, thanks you

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] Arrays of the same instrument?

No, because that loop would run 1 flooper instance only.
For what you want to do you can:

1) use several instances of your instrument, each with
one flooper
2) use a recursive UDO.