[Csnd] Applying external effects on certain measures

[Csnd] Applying external effects on certain measures

zappfinger

Say I'm using a program writing OSC data to Csound to change some settings and I want to apply this on certain measures.
I guess the only option to keep track of what bar/beat is currently playing is the API function csoundGetScoreOffsetSeconds?

And then calculate from this knowing the tempo?

Richard

Re: [Csnd] Applying external effects on certain measures

zappfinger
Anyone? Also, how do I get the tempo with the API?
There does not seem to be a function for this...

Richard

Re: [Csnd] Applying external effects on certain measures

If you use tempo ramps (accelerando or ritenuto), computing the time in seconds is tricky.
If your music is organised in bars, can you use perhaps a channel where some instrument sets the bar number or some other kind of flag that the host can read and react to?

Tarmo