[Csnd] Android javascript web midi API

00000008a49663bc-dmarc-request
Hello,
I've understood that midi driver (realtime reading of hardware ports) in
csound for android is not yet available.
My plan is to connect a midi controller (a behringer pedalboard) via and
midi to usb cable to an OTG adapter to control a csd program, read the
messages with javascript web midi api and pass them to csound via software
channels.
Can someone tell me if is possible with the csound for android apk?
Is the  javascript web midi api integrated in the html part of the app?

Thank you in advance
Stefano

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] Android javascript web midi API

Steven Yi
Hi Stefano,

Have you thought about making Web page with WebMIDI and WebAudio
Csound? That should work fine on Desktop and I believe would work on
Android Chrome (though, I haven't tested, but the searches I looked at
seemed to hint it would).

I have a test web page for WebMIDI and WebAudio Csound:

https://kunstmusik.github.io/csound-audioworklet/midiInputTest.html

This works here for me testing on Desktop using loopMIDI to drive the
Csound web page from Charlie Roberts' Gibberwocky.MIDI web app.  You
could try connecting your MIDI keyboard, then opening that web page in
Android Chrome to see if that responds.  (You might try
https://www.webaudiomodules.org/ synths as well to see if the WebMIDI
works.)

steven
On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 6:25 AM vallste
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I've understood that midi driver (realtime reading of hardware ports) in
> csound for android is not yet available.
> My plan is to connect a midi controller (a behringer pedalboard) via and
> midi to usb cable to an OTG adapter to control a csd program, read the
> messages with javascript web midi api and pass them to csound via software
> channels.
> Can someone tell me if is possible with the csound for android apk?
> Is the  javascript web midi api integrated in the html part of the app?
>
> Thank you in advance
> Stefano
>

> --
> Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] Android javascript web midi API

00000008a49663bc-dmarc-request

Hi Steven,

thanks for the hint, i dont understand what to do with the link you provided, looks like a white page with the output log of csound. I can not interact with it nor see any change when I play with my midi controller (on Android using chrome).

The good news (at least for me) is that seems that I can use the web midi api in csound for android to have a realtime midi input (see attachment).

Stefano

midi_js.csd (2K) Download Attachment

Re: [Csnd] Android javascript web midi API

Steven Yi
Hi Stefano,

Just as I mentioned, the web pages could be used to test WebMIDI in
the standard Android Chrome browser. If so, then you could make web
pages that work on Desktop and Mobile browsers, as those test links
work on desktop Chrome (here at least).  Anyways, glad things worked
out for you!

steven