Quantcast

[Csnd] Aliasing w/linseg

Samuel Smalley
Hi Csounders,

For some reason when I use linseg to create an amplitude envelope for, as an example, a sine wave, I hear some pretty nasty artifacts. I've turned 'dither' on in preferences, and played around with ksmps in the header... It's still pretty bad. Linseg (and it's variants), and to a much lesser degree expseg (and it's variants) are creating artifacts on basically all audible sounds when I use those opcodes to envelope amplitude. Even at quick ramp times the artifacts still show up. I will include a very simple .csd to demonstrate.

Perhaps my header is wrong... although I use the default header template, so I'm wondering if this is a preferences issue and not an opcode issue.

Thanks,
Sam

Smalley_linsegArtifacts.zip (1K) Download Attachment