[Csnd] Advice for Developing/Debugging Csound on Mac

[Csnd] Advice for Developing/Debugging Csound on Mac

Ben McAllister
Hi All - this question was buried in a previous message, but pulling it out separately hoping to get a response from csound developers:

If you're working on a Mac, I'm curious what you're using for a development/debugging environment. Did you create an xcodeproj for Mac Desktop in Xcode? Anyone using AppCode or CLion from JetBrains? Is Mac in the minority, and are more devs on Linux using.. gdb and ddd maybe?

As an old csounder and experienced developer (been at both since 96 or so), I'd like to get more familiar with this tool I love and maybe contribute.

Thanks in advance,

Re: [Csnd] Advice for Developing/Debugging Csound on Mac

eddyc
Using CMake you can create an Xcode project from the Csound sources which you can use to develop/debug Csound using Xcode.

cd csound
mkdir Xcode
cd Xcode
cmake -G Xcode ..

Best,
Ed

On 1 Feb 2018, at 09:23, Ben McAllister <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All - this question was buried in a previous message, but pulling it out separately hoping to get a response from csound developers:

If you're working on a Mac, I'm curious what you're using for a development/debugging environment. Did you create an xcodeproj for Mac Desktop in Xcode? Anyone using AppCode or CLion from JetBrains? Is Mac in the minority, and are more devs on Linux using.. gdb and ddd maybe?

As an old csounder and experienced developer (been at both since 96 or so), I'd like to get more familiar with this tool I love and maybe contribute.

Thanks in advance,

Re: [Csnd] Advice for Developing/Debugging Csound on Mac

Steven Yi
I don't use OSX much these days, but I when I do, I usually work on
Csound via XCode. I pretty much do the same steps as Ed mentioned to
create an XCode project.

Within XCode, I would use the built-in debugger and profile with
Instruments. One can use cmd-shift-, and setup a number of different
command-line args to run with different settings, different, csds, and
switch between them pretty easily. I would also maintain a separate
command-line build via make or ninja and would typically use that one
for general building/running unit tests/installing.  I probably used
gdb for quick debug sessions and vim for quick edits, and used XCode
for trickier debugging/profiling.

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 12:42 PM, Edward Costello <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Using CMake you can create an Xcode project from the Csound sources which
> you can use to develop/debug Csound using Xcode.
>
> git clone https://github.com/csound/csound.git
> cd csound
> mkdir Xcode
> cd Xcode
> cmake -G Xcode ..
>

> Best,
> Ed
>
> On 1 Feb 2018, at 09:23, Ben McAllister <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi All - this question was buried in a previous message, but pulling it out
> separately hoping to get a response from csound developers:
>
> If you're working on a Mac, I'm curious what you're using for a
> development/debugging environment. Did you create an xcodeproj for Mac
> Desktop in Xcode? Anyone using AppCode or CLion from JetBrains? Is Mac in
> the minority, and are more devs on Linux using.. gdb and ddd maybe?
>
> As an old csounder and experienced developer (been at both since 96 or so),
> I'd like to get more familiar with this tool I love and maybe contribute.
>
> Thanks in advance,

Re: [Csnd] Advice for Developing/Debugging Csound on Mac

Victor Lazzarini-2
I work on OSX, but strictly command line and emacs. Debugging from the command-line. I used to use valgrind when
it worked.

> On 1 Feb 2018, at 17:53, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I don't use OSX much these days, but I when I do, I usually work on
> Csound via XCode. I pretty much do the same steps as Ed mentioned to
> create an XCode project.
>
> Within XCode, I would use the built-in debugger and profile with
> Instruments. One can use cmd-shift-, and setup a number of different
> command-line args to run with different settings, different, csds, and
> switch between them pretty easily. I would also maintain a separate
> command-line build via make or ninja and would typically use that one
> for general building/running unit tests/installing.  I probably used
> gdb for quick debug sessions and vim for quick edits, and used XCode
> for trickier debugging/profiling.
>
> On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 12:42 PM, Edward Costello <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Using CMake you can create an Xcode project from the Csound sources which
>> you can use to develop/debug Csound using Xcode.
>>
>> git clone https://github.com/csound/csound.git
>> cd csound
>> mkdir Xcode
>> cd Xcode
>> cmake -G Xcode ..
>>

>> Best,
>> Ed
>>
>> On 1 Feb 2018, at 09:23, Ben McAllister <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All - this question was buried in a previous message, but pulling it out
>> separately hoping to get a response from csound developers:
>>
>> If you're working on a Mac, I'm curious what you're using for a
>> development/debugging environment. Did you create an xcodeproj for Mac
>> Desktop in Xcode? Anyone using AppCode or CLion from JetBrains? Is Mac in
>> the minority, and are more devs on Linux using.. gdb and ddd maybe?
>>
>> As an old csounder and experienced developer (been at both since 96 or so),
>> I'd like to get more familiar with this tool I love and maybe contribute.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
>> be posted here
>>

>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
>> be posted here

Re: [Csnd] Advice for Developing/Debugging Csound on Mac

genell
I would like to be able to build on OS X occasionally, using command line only. But I don’t know how to install a proper tool chain. Is macports the way to go?

Regards,
Anders

> 1 feb. 2018 kl. 19:33 skrev Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]>:
>
> I work on OSX, but strictly command line and emacs. Debugging from the command-line. I used to use valgrind when
> it worked.
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 1 Feb 2018, at 17:53, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I don't use OSX much these days, but I when I do, I usually work on
>> Csound via XCode. I pretty much do the same steps as Ed mentioned to
>> create an XCode project.
>>
>> Within XCode, I would use the built-in debugger and profile with
>> Instruments. One can use cmd-shift-, and setup a number of different
>> command-line args to run with different settings, different, csds, and
>> switch between them pretty easily. I would also maintain a separate
>> command-line build via make or ninja and would typically use that one
>> for general building/running unit tests/installing.  I probably used
>> gdb for quick debug sessions and vim for quick edits, and used XCode
>> for trickier debugging/profiling.
>>
>>> On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 12:42 PM, Edward Costello <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Using CMake you can create an Xcode project from the Csound sources which
>>> you can use to develop/debug Csound using Xcode.
>>>
>>> git clone https://github.com/csound/csound.git
>>> cd csound
>>> mkdir Xcode
>>> cd Xcode
>>> cmake -G Xcode ..
>>>

>>> Best,
>>> Ed
>>>
>>> On 1 Feb 2018, at 09:23, Ben McAllister <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All - this question was buried in a previous message, but pulling it out
>>> separately hoping to get a response from csound developers:
>>>
>>> If you're working on a Mac, I'm curious what you're using for a
>>> development/debugging environment. Did you create an xcodeproj for Mac
>>> Desktop in Xcode? Anyone using AppCode or CLion from JetBrains? Is Mac in
>>> the minority, and are more devs on Linux using.. gdb and ddd maybe?
>>>
>>> As an old csounder and experienced developer (been at both since 96 or so),
>>> I'd like to get more familiar with this tool I love and maybe contribute.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
>>> be posted here
>>>

>>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
>>> be posted here

>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Advice for Developing/Debugging Csound on Mac

Victor Lazzarini-2
I’d say no. The toolchain is given by xcode. Csound has scripts to download and build the key dependencies.

> On 1 Feb 2018, at 18:48, Anders Genell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I would like to be able to build on OS X occasionally, using command line only. But I don’t know how to install a proper tool chain. Is macports the way to go?
>
> Regards,
> Anders
>
>> 1 feb. 2018 kl. 19:33 skrev Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> I work on OSX, but strictly command line and emacs. Debugging from the command-line. I used to use valgrind when
>> it worked.
>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>> Maynooth University,
>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>>
>>> On 1 Feb 2018, at 17:53, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't use OSX much these days, but I when I do, I usually work on
>>> Csound via XCode. I pretty much do the same steps as Ed mentioned to
>>> create an XCode project.
>>>
>>> Within XCode, I would use the built-in debugger and profile with
>>> Instruments. One can use cmd-shift-, and setup a number of different
>>> command-line args to run with different settings, different, csds, and
>>> switch between them pretty easily. I would also maintain a separate
>>> command-line build via make or ninja and would typically use that one
>>> for general building/running unit tests/installing.  I probably used
>>> gdb for quick debug sessions and vim for quick edits, and used XCode
>>> for trickier debugging/profiling.

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>      https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Advice for Developing/Debugging Csound on Mac

genell
Ah, ok! I haven’t tried those, but I’ll give that a go when I get a chance.
Thanks!

> 1 feb. 2018 kl. 19:58 skrev Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]>:
>
> I’d say no. The toolchain is given by xcode. Csound has scripts to download and build the key dependencies.
>
> Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
>
>> On 1 Feb 2018, at 18:48, Anders Genell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I would like to be able to build on OS X occasionally, using command line only. But I don’t know how to install a proper tool chain. Is macports the way to go?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Anders
>>
>>> 1 feb. 2018 kl. 19:33 skrev Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> I work on OSX, but strictly command line and emacs. Debugging from the command-line. I used to use valgrind when
>>> it worked.
>>> ========================
>>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>>> Maynooth University,
>>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>      https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Advice for Developing/Debugging Csound on Mac

Ben McAllister
Didn't know about cmake -G xcode - thanks you two!

Ben McAllister | listenfaster.com |  @listenfaster | tuktuband.com | c: <a href="tel:(206)%20849-3183" value="+12068493183" target="_blank">206.849.3183

Re: [Csnd] Advice for Developing/Debugging Csound on Mac

Ben McAllister
I would use brew in favor of macports too. Would it be useful for me to write up my mac build steps and add them to build.md, since right now the build instructions point to a brew tap - not the git repo - for pulling source. Steven - straighten me out if I'm wrong on my understanding here.

Also - is there still a csound dev list separate from this one?

Ben McAllister | listenfaster.com |  @listenfaster | tuktuband.com | c: 206.849.3183

Re: [Csnd] Advice for Developing/Debugging Csound on Mac

Victor Lazzarini-2
The scripts in dependencies are designed to install things directly without having to use brew, if you want to try.

> On 1 Feb 2018, at 20:24, Ben McAllister <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I would use brew in favor of macports too. Would it be useful for me to write up my mac build steps and add them to build.md, since right now the build instructions point to a brew tap - not the git repo - for pulling source. Steven - straighten me out if I'm wrong on my understanding here.
>
> Also - is there still a csound dev list separate from this one?
>
> On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 11:21 AM, Anders Genell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ah, ok! I haven’t tried those, but I’ll give that a go when I get a chance.
> Thanks!
>

> > 1 feb. 2018 kl. 19:58 skrev Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > I’d say no. The toolchain is given by xcode. Csound has scripts to download and build the key dependencies.
> >
> > Victor Lazzarini
> > Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
> > Maynooth University
> > Ireland
> >
> >> On 1 Feb 2018, at 18:48, Anders Genell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> I would like to be able to build on OS X occasionally, using command line only. But I don’t know how to install a proper tool chain. Is macports the way to go?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Anders

> >> Csound mailing list
> >> [hidden email]
> >> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> >> Send bugs reports to
> >>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> >> Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
> >
> > Csound mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > Send bugs reports to
> >        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

> Ben McAllister | listenfaster.com |  @listenfaster | tuktuband.com | c: 206.849.3183

Re: [Csnd] Advice for Developing/Debugging Csound on Mac

Steven Yi
Yeah the build.md needs to be changed.  Homebrew still works for a
complete build last I checked.

For a more manual local build, you could use Homebrew, macports, or
install manually a few tools like cmake, flex, bison. Afterwards, you
could run the dependency download and build scripts in the
csound/dependencies folder.  (Will need to run the building script
with sudo to install the deps to /usr/local). Then use cmake to build
with XCode or command-line.

That's a sort of quick version of it.  It's been a long while since I
re-setup a build from scratch though and I've largely been relying on
my old Macbook's pre-existing setup for years now.

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 3:32 PM, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The scripts in dependencies are designed to install things directly without having to use brew, if you want to try.
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 1 Feb 2018, at 20:24, Ben McAllister <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I would use brew in favor of macports too. Would it be useful for me to write up my mac build steps and add them to build.md, since right now the build instructions point to a brew tap - not the git repo - for pulling source. Steven - straighten me out if I'm wrong on my understanding here.
>>
>> Also - is there still a csound dev list separate from this one?
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 11:21 AM, Anders Genell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Ah, ok! I haven’t tried those, but I’ll give that a go when I get a chance.
>> Thanks!
>>

>> > 1 feb. 2018 kl. 19:58 skrev Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]>:
>> >
>> > I’d say no. The toolchain is given by xcode. Csound has scripts to download and build the key dependencies.
>> >
>> > Victor Lazzarini
>> > Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>> > Maynooth University
>> > Ireland

>> > Csound mailing list
>> > [hidden email]
>> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>> > Send bugs reports to
>> >        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

>> --
>> Ben McAllister | listenfaster.com |  @listenfaster | tuktuband.com | c: 206.849.3183

Re: [Csnd] Advice for Developing/Debugging Csound on Mac

Try [hidden email]

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

On Feb 1, 2018, 20:25, at 20:25, Ben McAllister <[hidden email]> wrote:

>I would use brew in favor of macports too. Would it be useful for me to
>write up my mac build steps and add them to build.md, since right now
>the
>build instructions point to a brew tap - not the git repo - for pulling
>source. Steven - straighten me out if I'm wrong on my understanding
>here.
>
>Also - is there still a csound dev list separate from this one?
>
>On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 11:21 AM, Anders Genell
><[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>
>> Ah, ok! I haven’t tried those, but I’ll give that a go when I get a
>chance.
>> Thanks!
>>

>> > 1 feb. 2018 kl. 19:58 skrev Victor Lazzarini
><[hidden email]>:
>> >
>> > I’d say no. The toolchain is given by xcode. Csound has scripts to
>> download and build the key dependencies.
>> >
>> > Victor Lazzarini
>> > Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>> > Maynooth University
>> > Ireland

>command
>> line only. But I don’t know how to install a proper tool chain. Is
>macports
>> the way to go?

>from the
>> command-line. I used to use valgrind when

>on
>mentioned to

>different
>csds, and
>separate
>that one
>used
>XCode

>sources
>> which

>pulling
>> it out

>for
>> Mac
>Is
>> Mac in
>maybe?

>since 96
>> or so),
>> contribute.

>reports to
>> features can

>reports to
>> features can

>> > Csound mailing list
>> > [hidden email]
>> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>> > Send bugs reports to
>> >        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

>--
>Ben McAllister | listenfaster.com |  @listenfaster | tuktuband.com | c:
>206.849.3183

>[hidden email]
>https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>Send bugs reports to
>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] Advice for Developing/Debugging Csound on Mac

I have changed the dependencies script to default to installing locally ($HOME) instead of
/usr/local so that it can be built without sudo. CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX can also be
used to install Csound locally so that no sudo should be needed if one wants it.

The script can also be used to install in /usr/local by changing the PREFIX variable
in it. But then sudo is needed.

> On 1 Feb 2018, at 20:44, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Yeah the build.md needs to be changed.  Homebrew still works for a
> complete build last I checked.
>
> For a more manual local build, you could use Homebrew, macports, or
> install manually a few tools like cmake, flex, bison. Afterwards, you
> could run the dependency download and build scripts in the
> csound/dependencies folder.  (Will need to run the building script
> with sudo to install the deps to /usr/local). Then use cmake to build
> with XCode or command-line.
>
> That's a sort of quick version of it.  It's been a long while since I
> re-setup a build from scratch though and I've largely been relying on
> my old Macbook's pre-existing setup for years now.
>
> On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 3:32 PM, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The scripts in dependencies are designed to install things directly without having to use brew, if you want to try.
>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>> Maynooth University,
>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>>
>>> On 1 Feb 2018, at 20:24, Ben McAllister <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I would use brew in favor of macports too. Would it be useful for me to write up my mac build steps and add them to build.md, since right now the build instructions point to a brew tap - not the git repo - for pulling source. Steven - straighten me out if I'm wrong on my understanding here.
>>>
>>> Also - is there still a csound dev list separate from this one?
>>>
>>> On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 11:21 AM, Anders Genell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Ah, ok! I haven’t tried those, but I’ll give that a go when I get a chance.
>>> Thanks!

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>>

>>> --
>>> Ben McAllister | listenfaster.com |  @listenfaster | tuktuband.com | c: 206.849.3183

Re: [Csnd] Advice for Developing/Debugging Csound on Mac

Ben McAllister
Thanks - I got a 550 back from the mail server, though:

The response was:

550 unknown user

Final-Recipient: rfc822; [hidden email]
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; listserv.heanet.ie. (2001:770:18:2::c101:db34, the server for
 the domain listserv.heanet.ie.)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 unknown user
Last-Attempt-Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2018 15:28:02 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 1:50 PM, John ff <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>> features can

>reports to
>> features can

>> > Csound mailing list
>> > [hidden email]
>> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>> > Send bugs reports to
>> >        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>

>--
>Ben McAllister | listenfaster.com |  @listenfaster | tuktuband.com | c:

>[hidden email]
>https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>Send bugs reports to
>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Ben McAllister | listenfaster.com |  @listenfaster | tuktuband.com | c: 206.849.3183

Re: [Csnd] Advice for Developing/Debugging Csound on Mac

Thanks again for all the help - I'm up and running.

The catch for me, running OSX 10.13 and the latest xcode, was an issue in the generated xcodeproj - I'll detail it in my first PR :)

I just joined the dev list (thanks jpff) - is there a best practices guide or anything to lay out expectations for PRs? Looks like the contribute page is still a WIP: http://csound.com/contribute.html

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 12:44 PM, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yeah the build.md needs to be changed.  Homebrew still works for a
complete build last I checked.

For a more manual local build, you could use Homebrew, macports, or
install manually a few tools like cmake, flex, bison. Afterwards, you
could run the dependency download and build scripts in the
csound/dependencies folder.  (Will need to run the building script
with sudo to install the deps to /usr/local). Then use cmake to build
with XCode or command-line.

That's a sort of quick version of it.  It's been a long while since I
re-setup a build from scratch though and I've largely been relying on
my old Macbook's pre-existing setup for years now.

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 3:32 PM, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The scripts in dependencies are designed to install things directly without having to use brew, if you want to try.
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 1 Feb 2018, at 20:24, Ben McAllister <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I would use brew in favor of macports too. Would it be useful for me to write up my mac build steps and add them to build.md, since right now the build instructions point to a brew tap - not the git repo - for pulling source. Steven - straighten me out if I'm wrong on my understanding here.
>>
>> Also - is there still a csound dev list separate from this one?
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 11:21 AM, Anders Genell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Ah, ok! I haven’t tried those, but I’ll give that a go when I get a chance.
>> Thanks!
>>

>> > 1 feb. 2018 kl. 19:58 skrev Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]>:
>> >
>> > I’d say no. The toolchain is given by xcode. Csound has scripts to download and build the key dependencies.
>> >
>> > Victor Lazzarini
>> > Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>> > Maynooth University
>> > Ireland

>> > Csound mailing list
>> > [hidden email]
>> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>> > Send bugs reports to
>> >        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>

>> --
>> Ben McAllister | listenfaster.com |  @listenfaster | tuktuband.com | c: <a href="tel:206.849.3183" value="+12068493183">206.849.3183

Ben McAllister | listenfaster.com |  @listenfaster | tuktuband.com | c: 206.849.3183

Re: [Csnd] Advice for Developing/Debugging Csound on Mac

jpff
There is a file on github repository with a name like Submitting.  On a tablet at present and the computers are turned off.  More tomorrow.

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​