[Csnd] [ANN] - Visual Studio Code Plugin for Csound

[Csnd] [ANN] - Visual Studio Code Plugin for Csound

Steven Yi
Hi All,

I wanted to announce a very very preliminary alpha extension for
Csound language support in Visual Studio Code.  I published the 0.0.1
alpha to the Marketplace today so that you can install within the app.
Source code is available at:

https://github.com/csound/csound-vscode-plugin

The plugin was started yesterday and right now has some (very) basic
highlighting support when opening .udo and .orc files.

Plans are to implement features similar to Nate Whetsell's excellent
language-csound and other Atom plugins, as well as drawing upon other
editor plugins (e.g., csound-repl for Vim) to support things like live
coding.

Credit to Rory and Stephen for their collaboration on this!

Feedback and testing appreciated; hope to push new versions regularly
during this initial phase of development.

p.s. - The extension is currently published under my publisher account
("kunstmusik").  This is largely because we're trying to figure out
how to create an organization account for a "csound" entity.  When the
latter is figured out we can switch the release.

Re: [Csnd] [ANN] - Visual Studio Code Plugin for Csound

Steven Yi
Thanks! I would just note again that I am basing a lot of this on
Nate's Atom plugin work and couldn't have gotten this far this fast
without looking at his work.  (BTW: 0.0.2 is now published to
marketplace to work with CSD files)

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 11:18 AM, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You're on a roll Steven. I'll look forward to using this. Thanks for
> contributing. I think Csound must have the most extensive editor support of
> all audio languages at this point ;)
>
> On 10 April 2018 at 16:02, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I wanted to announce a very very preliminary alpha extension for
>> Csound language support in Visual Studio Code.  I published the 0.0.1
>> alpha to the Marketplace today so that you can install within the app.
>> Source code is available at:
>>
>> https://github.com/csound/csound-vscode-plugin
>>
>> The plugin was started yesterday and right now has some (very) basic
>> highlighting support when opening .udo and .orc files.
>>
>> Plans are to implement features similar to Nate Whetsell's excellent
>> language-csound and other Atom plugins, as well as drawing upon other
>> editor plugins (e.g., csound-repl for Vim) to support things like live
>> coding.
>>
>> Credit to Rory and Stephen for their collaboration on this!
>>
>> Feedback and testing appreciated; hope to push new versions regularly
>> during this initial phase of development.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> steven
>>
>> p.s. - The extension is currently published under my publisher account
>> ("kunstmusik").  This is largely because we're trying to figure out
>> how to create an organization account for a "csound" entity.  When the
>> latter is figured out we can switch the release.

Re: [Csnd] [ANN] - Visual Studio Code Plugin for Csound

hcenteno
This is great! Thank you Steven.
I searched for it in the Marketplace (both through VS and online) but couldn't find it. Is it still live?

Cheers!

Hector

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 11:54 AM Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks! I would just note again that I am basing a lot of this on
Nate's Atom plugin work and couldn't have gotten this far this fast
without looking at his work.  (BTW: 0.0.2 is now published to
marketplace to work with CSD files)

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 11:18 AM, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You're on a roll Steven. I'll look forward to using this. Thanks for
> contributing. I think Csound must have the most extensive editor support of
> all audio languages at this point ;)
>
> On 10 April 2018 at 16:02, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I wanted to announce a very very preliminary alpha extension for
>> Csound language support in Visual Studio Code.  I published the 0.0.1
>> alpha to the Marketplace today so that you can install within the app.
>> Source code is available at:
>>
>> https://github.com/csound/csound-vscode-plugin
>>
>> The plugin was started yesterday and right now has some (very) basic
>> highlighting support when opening .udo and .orc files.
>>
>> Plans are to implement features similar to Nate Whetsell's excellent
>> language-csound and other Atom plugins, as well as drawing upon other
>> editor plugins (e.g., csound-repl for Vim) to support things like live
>> coding.
>>
>> Credit to Rory and Stephen for their collaboration on this!
>>
>> Feedback and testing appreciated; hope to push new versions regularly
>> during this initial phase of development.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> steven
>>
>> p.s. - The extension is currently published under my publisher account
>> ("kunstmusik").  This is largely because we're trying to figure out
>> how to create an organization account for a "csound" entity.  When the
>> latter is figured out we can switch the release.

>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can

Re: [Csnd] [ANN] - Visual Studio Code Plugin for Csound

rorywalsh
I just tried here from within VS Code. Click Extensions, and then search for Csound. It's the only extension that shows up/. Note I had to use the latest version of VS Code to install it, but it still showed up with an earlier version.

On 11 April 2018 at 15:26, Hector Centeno <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is great! Thank you Steven.
I searched for it in the Marketplace (both through VS and online) but couldn't find it. Is it still live?

Cheers!

Hector

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 11:54 AM Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks! I would just note again that I am basing a lot of this on
Nate's Atom plugin work and couldn't have gotten this far this fast
without looking at his work.  (BTW: 0.0.2 is now published to
marketplace to work with CSD files)

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 11:18 AM, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You're on a roll Steven. I'll look forward to using this. Thanks for
> contributing. I think Csound must have the most extensive editor support of
> all audio languages at this point ;)
>
> On 10 April 2018 at 16:02, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I wanted to announce a very very preliminary alpha extension for
>> Csound language support in Visual Studio Code.  I published the 0.0.1
>> alpha to the Marketplace today so that you can install within the app.
>> Source code is available at:
>>
>> https://github.com/csound/csound-vscode-plugin
>>
>> The plugin was started yesterday and right now has some (very) basic
>> highlighting support when opening .udo and .orc files.
>>
>> Plans are to implement features similar to Nate Whetsell's excellent
>> language-csound and other Atom plugins, as well as drawing upon other
>> editor plugins (e.g., csound-repl for Vim) to support things like live
>> coding.
>>
>> Credit to Rory and Stephen for their collaboration on this!
>>
>> Feedback and testing appreciated; hope to push new versions regularly
>> during this initial phase of development.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> steven
>>
>> p.s. - The extension is currently published under my publisher account
>> ("kunstmusik").  This is largely because we're trying to figure out
>> how to create an organization account for a "csound" entity.  When the
>> latter is figured out we can switch the release.

>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can

Re: [Csnd] [ANN] - Visual Studio Code Plugin for Csound

iron_attorney
Fantastic, thanks Steven!

Rory: what other editors support Csound then? I haven't been keeping up to date with Csound comings and goings for a while