Quantcast

[Csnd] ANN: Performance of new piece, Wuji, by EMA (Rochester and NYC)

[Csnd] ANN: Performance of new piece, Wuji, by EMA (Rochester and NYC)

Steven Yi
Hi All,

I'd like to announce that I'll be having a new piece, Wuji, performed
by the Eastman Mobile Acousmonium (EMA) project, organized by Oliver
Schneller and the Eastman Audio Research Studio[1].  There is a
performance by EMA tomorrow, Thursday, March 30th, at 6pm and 8pm at
the Memorial Art Gallery in Rochester, NY [2][3].  EMA will also have
a performance next Friday, April 7th, 7pm, at Spectrum in NYC[4].

The following links provide some background information about this
speaker ensemble and project:

https://www.esm.rochester.edu/blog/2017/03/the-eastman-audio-research-center-heads-to-the-memorial-art-gallery-with-an-orchestra-of-loudspeakers/

https://www.esm.rochester.edu/news/2017/03/loudspeaker-orchestra-creates-surround-sound-walk-around-concert/

I will be attending both performances. If you're in NYC, I'd kindly
invite you to attend the performance next Friday and would look
forward to seeing you there!

Steven

p.s. - I'm cleaning up a few things with the project documentation,
and will plan to release the project and a 2-channel mix shortly.

[1] - http://esm.rochester.edu/ears/
[2] - https://mag.rochester.edu/calendar/?event&id=1131922&from=30March2017&to=30March2017
[3] - https://mag.rochester.edu/calendar/?event&id=1131923&from=30March2017&to=30March2017
[4] - http://www.spectrumnyc.com/

Re: [Csnd] ANN: Performance of new piece, Wuji, by EMA (Rochester and NYC)

Michael Gogins-2
I'd definitely come if I would not still be in Australia!

Good luck with the performances.

Irreducible Productions
http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 6:46 AM, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'd like to announce that I'll be having a new piece, Wuji, performed
> by the Eastman Mobile Acousmonium (EMA) project, organized by Oliver
> Schneller and the Eastman Audio Research Studio[1].  There is a
> performance by EMA tomorrow, Thursday, March 30th, at 6pm and 8pm at
> the Memorial Art Gallery in Rochester, NY [2][3].  EMA will also have
> a performance next Friday, April 7th, 7pm, at Spectrum in NYC[4].
>
> The following links provide some background information about this
> speaker ensemble and project:
>
> https://www.esm.rochester.edu/blog/2017/03/the-eastman-audio-research-center-heads-to-the-memorial-art-gallery-with-an-orchestra-of-loudspeakers/
>
> https://www.esm.rochester.edu/news/2017/03/loudspeaker-orchestra-creates-surround-sound-walk-around-concert/
>
> I will be attending both performances. If you're in NYC, I'd kindly
> invite you to attend the performance next Friday and would look
> forward to seeing you there!
>
> Steven
>
> p.s. - I'm cleaning up a few things with the project documentation,
> and will plan to release the project and a 2-channel mix shortly.
>

> [1] - http://esm.rochester.edu/ears/
> [2] - https://mag.rochester.edu/calendar/?event&id=1131922&from=30March2017&to=30March2017
> [3] - https://mag.rochester.edu/calendar/?event&id=1131923&from=30March2017&to=30March2017
> [4] - http://www.spectrumnyc.com/

Re: [Csnd] ANN: Performance of new piece, Wuji, by EMA (Rochester and NYC)

rorywalsh
I'd definitely come if I were not still in Ireland ;)

On 29 March 2017 at 21:45, Michael Gogins <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'd definitely come if I would not still be in Australia!

Good luck with the performances.

Irreducible Productions
http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 6:46 AM, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'd like to announce that I'll be having a new piece, Wuji, performed
> by the Eastman Mobile Acousmonium (EMA) project, organized by Oliver
> Schneller and the Eastman Audio Research Studio[1].  There is a
> performance by EMA tomorrow, Thursday, March 30th, at 6pm and 8pm at
> the Memorial Art Gallery in Rochester, NY [2][3].  EMA will also have
> a performance next Friday, April 7th, 7pm, at Spectrum in NYC[4].
>
> The following links provide some background information about this
> speaker ensemble and project:
>
> https://www.esm.rochester.edu/blog/2017/03/the-eastman-audio-research-center-heads-to-the-memorial-art-gallery-with-an-orchestra-of-loudspeakers/
>
> https://www.esm.rochester.edu/news/2017/03/loudspeaker-orchestra-creates-surround-sound-walk-around-concert/
>
> I will be attending both performances. If you're in NYC, I'd kindly
> invite you to attend the performance next Friday and would look
> forward to seeing you there!
>
> Steven
>
> p.s. - I'm cleaning up a few things with the project documentation,
> and will plan to release the project and a 2-channel mix shortly.
>

> [1] - http://esm.rochester.edu/ears/
> [2] - https://mag.rochester.edu/calendar/?event&id=1131922&from=30March2017&to=30March2017
> [3] - https://mag.rochester.edu/calendar/?event&id=1131923&from=30March2017&to=30March2017
> [4] - http://www.spectrumnyc.com/

Re: [Csnd] ANN: Performance of new piece, Wuji, by EMA (Rochester and NYC)

Steven Yi
Thanks all!  The concerts tonight (the program was performed twice)
were great, a very good number in attendance at the gallery and a real
pleasure to experience the speaker ensemble and the other composers'
works.  I'm looking forward to next week's concert already. :)

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 6:26 PM, Dave Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great, Steven, I hope the shows go very well!
>
> - Dave
>
> On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 3:46 PM, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'd like to announce that I'll be having a new piece, Wuji, performed
>> by the Eastman Mobile Acousmonium (EMA) project, organized by Oliver
>> Schneller and the Eastman Audio Research Studio[1].  There is a
>> performance by EMA tomorrow, Thursday, March 30th, at 6pm and 8pm at
>> the Memorial Art Gallery in Rochester, NY [2][3].  EMA will also have
>> a performance next Friday, April 7th, 7pm, at Spectrum in NYC[4].
>>
>> The following links provide some background information about this
>> speaker ensemble and project:
>>

>> https://www.esm.rochester.edu/blog/2017/03/the-eastman-audio-research-center-heads-to-the-memorial-art-gallery-with-an-orchestra-of-loudspeakers/
>>

>> https://www.esm.rochester.edu/news/2017/03/loudspeaker-orchestra-creates-surround-sound-walk-around-concert/
>>
>> I will be attending both performances. If you're in NYC, I'd kindly
>> invite you to attend the performance next Friday and would look
>> forward to seeing you there!
>>
>> Steven
>>
>> p.s. - I'm cleaning up a few things with the project documentation,
>> and will plan to release the project and a 2-channel mix shortly.
>>

>> [1] - http://esm.rochester.edu/ears/
>> [2] -
>> https://mag.rochester.edu/calendar/?event&id=1131922&from=30March2017&to=30March2017
>> [3] -
>> https://mag.rochester.edu/calendar/?event&id=1131923&from=30March2017&to=30March2017
>> [4] - http://www.spectrumnyc.com/

> http://mysterybear.net
> https://soundcloud.com/mysterybear
> https://mysterybear.bandcamp.com
>
> ~60 Hz: http://recordings.irritablehedgehog.com/album/dave-seidel-60-hz

Re: [Csnd] ANN: Performance of new piece, Wuji, by EMA (Rochester and NYC)

Anton Kholomiov
Congrats, Steven!

Thanks all!  The concerts tonight (the program was performed twice)
were great, a very good number in attendance at the gallery and a real
pleasure to experience the speaker ensemble and the other composers'
works.  I'm looking forward to next week's concert already. :)

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 6:26 PM, Dave Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Great, Steven, I hope the shows go very well!
>
> - Dave
>
> On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 3:46 PM, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'd like to announce that I'll be having a new piece, Wuji, performed
>> by the Eastman Mobile Acousmonium (EMA) project, organized by Oliver
>> Schneller and the Eastman Audio Research Studio[1].  There is a
>> performance by EMA tomorrow, Thursday, March 30th, at 6pm and 8pm at
>> the Memorial Art Gallery in Rochester, NY [2][3].  EMA will also have
>> a performance next Friday, April 7th, 7pm, at Spectrum in NYC[4].
>>
>> The following links provide some background information about this
>> speaker ensemble and project:
>>

>> https://www.esm.rochester.edu/blog/2017/03/the-eastman-audio-research-center-heads-to-the-memorial-art-gallery-with-an-orchestra-of-loudspeakers/
>>

>> https://www.esm.rochester.edu/news/2017/03/loudspeaker-orchestra-creates-surround-sound-walk-around-concert/
>>
>> I will be attending both performances. If you're in NYC, I'd kindly
>> invite you to attend the performance next Friday and would look
>> forward to seeing you there!
>>
>> Steven
>>
>> p.s. - I'm cleaning up a few things with the project documentation,
>> and will plan to release the project and a 2-channel mix shortly.
>>

>> [1] - http://esm.rochester.edu/ears/
>> [2] -
>> https://mag.rochester.edu/calendar/?event&id=1131922&from=30March2017&to=30March2017
>> [3] -
>> https://mag.rochester.edu/calendar/?event&id=1131923&from=30March2017&to=30March2017
>> [4] - http://www.spectrumnyc.com/

>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

> http://mysterybear.net
> https://soundcloud.com/mysterybear
> https://mysterybear.bandcamp.com
>
> ~60 Hz: http://recordings.irritablehedgehog.com/album/dave-seidel-60-hz

Re: [Csnd] ANN: Performance of new piece, Wuji, by EMA (Rochester and NYC)

akjmicro

Congrats, Steven!

Speaking of concerts and tevalling gigs, that reminds me to ask: do we have a Google Maps directory of Csounders? It would be nice to have. When people are in your town, or when travelling yourself, it's nice to know who one can meet.

Ciao,
AKJ

On Mar 31, 2017 12:33 AM, "Anton Kholomiov" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congrats, Steven!

Thanks all!  The concerts tonight (the program was performed twice)
were great, a very good number in attendance at the gallery and a real
pleasure to experience the speaker ensemble and the other composers'
works.  I'm looking forward to next week's concert already. :)

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 6:26 PM, Dave Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Great, Steven, I hope the shows go very well!
>
> - Dave
>
> On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 3:46 PM, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'd like to announce that I'll be having a new piece, Wuji, performed
>> by the Eastman Mobile Acousmonium (EMA) project, organized by Oliver
>> Schneller and the Eastman Audio Research Studio[1].  There is a
>> performance by EMA tomorrow, Thursday, March 30th, at 6pm and 8pm at
>> the Memorial Art Gallery in Rochester, NY [2][3].  EMA will also have
>> a performance next Friday, April 7th, 7pm, at Spectrum in NYC[4].
>>
>> The following links provide some background information about this
>> speaker ensemble and project:
>>

>> https://www.esm.rochester.edu/blog/2017/03/the-eastman-audio-research-center-heads-to-the-memorial-art-gallery-with-an-orchestra-of-loudspeakers/
>>

>> https://www.esm.rochester.edu/news/2017/03/loudspeaker-orchestra-creates-surround-sound-walk-around-concert/
>>
>> I will be attending both performances. If you're in NYC, I'd kindly
>> invite you to attend the performance next Friday and would look
>> forward to seeing you there!
>>
>> Steven
>>
>> p.s. - I'm cleaning up a few things with the project documentation,
>> and will plan to release the project and a 2-channel mix shortly.
>>

>> [1] - http://esm.rochester.edu/ears/
>> [2] -
>> https://mag.rochester.edu/calendar/?event&id=1131922&from=30March2017&to=30March2017
>> [3] -
>> https://mag.rochester.edu/calendar/?event&id=1131923&from=30March2017&to=30March2017
>> [4] - http://www.spectrumnyc.com/

>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

> http://mysterybear.net
> https://soundcloud.com/mysterybear
> https://mysterybear.bandcamp.com
>
> ~60 Hz: http://recordings.irritablehedgehog.com/album/dave-seidel-60-hz

Re: [Csnd] ANN: Performance of new piece, Wuji, by EMA (Rochester and NYC)

akjmicro
Not sure why spell-check failed so badly, but 'tevalling' was meant to be 'travelling'... :)

Aaron Krister Johnson
http://www.untwelve.org