[Csnd] A few Csound for Android questions

[Csnd] A few Csound for Android questions

thorin kerr
Hello knowledgable ones. I've some questions about using Csound for Android:

Is there a way to save the log output?
The -O option only works from commandline, which I don't think is available in the Csound for Android version?

Is there a way to invoke Csound for Android from the commandline using - say - a terminal emulator, or logging in via ssh?

and finally...
Are some opcodes missing? (e.g. I'm getting "syntax error, unexpected T_IDENT" on some opcodes like fractalnoise and directory). How can I find out?

Many thanks.

Thorin

Re: [Csnd] A few Csound for Android questions

thorin kerr
Thanks Rory...

I think I understand what you've said...

The 'csound message callback' you mention sounds like an API function? (messageCallback). I was just hoping to just use the standard Csound for Android app in the Play Store.... unless... is there a chance that function is available via javascript in the CSD?

Thorin

On 18 May 2017 7:39 PM, "Rory Walsh" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Michael Gogins-2
The Csound for Android app did not consider writing the output log to
a file because normally such files are only visible on a rooted
device. If you have a rooted device, the messages might already be
there or be visible with logcat piped to a file.

In the regular app, if you set the console window to be visible, you
can scroll up and down and read all of the messages, even after Csound
has quit or been stopped. However, right now you can't select the
messages and copy them for pasting into a text editor. I will try to
fix that. But you can certainly read all the messages.

With JavaScript, you could possibly set a message callback and save
the text to a file, but I haven't tried it.

Irreducible Productions
http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com