[Cs-dev] offering help for development

Niklas Klügel
Hi,
I am wondering if I can help you guys with the ongoing development of CSound5;
I am experienced in common programming languages such as C/C++/Java as well as
assembly for x86, I also gained experience in opensource projects (small
operating systems). However, I must admit that I am new to CSound and to most
of the in-depth DSP-topics. So I am asking you whether you need my help at
all :P and where I should start digging into the code. Maybe there are some
parts of the project that have been not yet asigned to anyone and the
development time of it is not a primary concern.

regards,
        Niklas

Re: [Cs-dev] offering help for development

Istvan Varga
Yes, any help is welcome, and there are many code changes that need a lot of
work (such as removing static variables, fixing utilities, converting code to
plugin libraries etc.) but do not need special knowledge of DSP.

Niklas Klügel wrote:

> I am wondering if I can help you guys with the ongoing development of CSound5;
> I am experienced in common programming languages such as C/C++/Java as well as
> assembly for x86, I also gained experience in opensource projects (small
> operating systems). However, I must admit that I am new to CSound and to most
> of the in-depth DSP-topics. So I am asking you whether you need my help at
> all :P and where I should start digging into the code. Maybe there are some
> parts of the project that have been not yet asigned to anyone and the
> development time of it is not a primary concern.

Re: [Cs-dev] offering help for development

Niklas Klügel
Fine, I am currently going through the cvs-tree and looking at the files to
get an idea how the architecture is reasoned and how buildprocess is
composed. I`d like to covert some code to plugin libraries, I guess you mean
Csound's opcodes/utils. so... just tell me which opcodes I should take a look
at and I will dive into them.

regards,
        Niklas

On Wednesday 11 May 2005 10:54, Istvan Varga wrote:

> Yes, any help is welcome, and there are many code changes that need a lot
> of work (such as removing static variables, fixing utilities, converting
> code to plugin libraries etc.) but do not need special knowledge of DSP.
>
> Niklas Klügel wrote:
> > I am wondering if I can help you guys with the ongoing development of
> > CSound5; I am experienced in common programming languages such as
> > C/C++/Java as well as assembly for x86, I also gained experience in
> > opensource projects (small operating systems). However, I must admit that
> > I am new to CSound and to most of the in-depth DSP-topics. So I am asking
> > you whether you need my help at all :P and where I should start digging
> > into the code. Maybe there are some parts of the project that have been
> > not yet asigned to anyone and the development time of it is not a primary
> > concern.

Re: [Cs-dev] offering help for development

jpff
Please note that as Niklas Kluegel is not subscribed to this mailing
list replies should include him directly, or better anyone who intends
assisting with the development should subscribe to the list.
==John ffitch