[Cs-dev] Notes Dropping out

Steven Yi
Hi All,

I haven't yet looked into this too much, but I was testing some blue
features today and using the Pinkston DX7 emulation instrument, the
attached CSD causes csound5 (pulled from CVS today) to hang after a
few seconds in to compilation.  Using an older csound4 compiled on Feb
21 2005, csound renders as expected and does not hang.

Not sure if this has to do with reinits or timout or reassigning p3's.

Any help on this appreciated!
steven

bluex7_pianoroll.csd (17K) Download Attachment

Re: [Cs-dev] Notes Dropping out

istvan_v@mailbox.hu
Steven Yi wrote:

> I haven't yet looked into this too much, but I was testing some blue
> features today and using the Pinkston DX7 emulation instrument, the
> attached CSD causes csound5 (pulled from CVS today) to hang after a
> few seconds in to compilation.  Using an older csound4 compiled on Feb
> 21 2005, csound renders as expected and does not hang.
>
> Not sure if this has to do with reinits or timout or reassigning p3's.

The problem was actually caused by kperf() being confused by turnoff
deactivating the current instrument instance. I have committed a fix
to this, and the CSD seems to work now.

Re: Notes Dropping out

Steven Yi
Thanks Istvan!  Works great for me here now.