This is a new PD class using the csound API & library, similar to Matt Ingall's
csound~ class for MAX/MSP.
- multiplatform: linux, OS X and windows
- compatible with versions 4.23 and 5 of the csound library
- full score performances
- score event triggering (i,f, and e statements)
- control IO with the invalue and outvalue opcodes
- score resetting (rewinding)
- soon-to-be-implemented features:
i) MIDI IO
ii) multiple instances: at the moment multiple csoundapi~
objects with libcsound 5 can be created cleanly, but they
do not generate audio simultaneously. It is hoped that this
will be fixed in the near future.
(multiple instances, resetting and score re-opening are
not possible with 4.23)
iii) score offset: implemented but not properly tested.
csoundapi~ is an alternative to the exiting PD csound~, providing more IO
and implemented through the API. It also finally offers csound-PD
Where to get it?
Windows binary (csound.lib 4.23), examples and
multiplatform source code
csoundapi~ is now part of the csound 5 frontends package and
it can be built on Linux and OSX using scons
Windows csoundapi~ with libcsound 5 are in the pipeline.
Music Technology Laboratory
National University of Ireland, Maynooth