Quantcast

Changing Webhosts

Steven Yi
Hi All,

Just FYI: As my yearly account with my previous webhost is about to run out, and because I have been dissatisfied with them recently, I have purchased new hosting and have migrated my websites.

Due to using an older version of Ruby on Rails and there being some incompatibilities with newer versions of Rails and Ruby, I decided to update to the latest Rails.  As a result, I had to also update a number of dependencies and rewrite some of the web application to use new libraries, as some older libraries are no longer supported.  One of the new libraries is a new authentication framework.  The new framework uses a much higher level of encryption for passwords which I have opted to use, but as a result, requires that everyone reset their passwords. (The blue server only holds encrypted versions of passwords, and thus can not decrypt/re-encrypt with the stronger encryption system).

I am now working on transferring my domain to point to the new servers. I will email here once everything is complete and the switchover has completed. If you find any issues with server being down, please assume it is being looked into.

Re: Changing Webhosts

Steven Yi
Update: The migration should now be complete.  The new server will require all existing blueShare users to use the "Forgot my password" link on the blue homepage to reset their passwords for the new encryption system.

If you see any problems, please email me off list.

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

COCHEDELAFERTE
This post was updated on .
Hi Steven,

I made that, "Forgot your password", but no luck, nothing in my mailbox. Have you an idea about ? My account is called "Sergio", my mail adress "Serge.Coche@free.fr".

Cheers,

Sergio

Re: Changing Webhosts

Steven Yi
Hi Sergio,

I see an account that was created today with that username and
password.  In my haste I perhaps didn't test well enough.  I'll try
creating a new user and testing out the flows now and will reply when
I have more info.

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 5:13 PM, COCHEDELAFERTE <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Steven,
>

> I made that, "Forgot your password", but no luck, nothiing in my mailbox.
> Have you an idea about ? My account is called "Sergio", my mail adress
> "[hidden email]".
>

> Cheers,
>
> Sergio

Re: Changing Webhosts

Steven Yi
Hi Sergio,

So I just created a new account.  After that, the password wasn't
quite saved.  I was able to then use the forgot password link and put
in the email address I used for sign up.  After I hit reset, I
received an email with a link to update my password.  After that, I
was able to login.

I'll see what is going on with the user account creation flow.  Could
you try the forgot password flow once again?

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 5:25 PM, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Sergio,
>
> I see an account that was created today with that username and
> password.  In my haste I perhaps didn't test well enough.  I'll try
> creating a new user and testing out the flows now and will reply when
> I have more info.
>
> Thanks!
> steven
>
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 5:13 PM, COCHEDELAFERTE <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Steven,
>>

>> I made that, "Forgot your password", but no luck, nothiing in my mailbox.
>> Have you an idea about ? My account is called "Sergio", my mail adress
>> "[hidden email]".
>>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Sergio

Re: Changing Webhosts

COCHEDELAFERTE
Hi Steven,

OK, i made that, and now i'm logged in permanently. But i doesn't recovered my Blue share. Maybe i need to install the latest version (my actual is 2.3.3) ?

Cheers,

Sergio

Re: Changing Webhosts

Steven Yi
Hi Sergio,

Could you explain what you mean by "doesn't recovered my Blue share"?
Did you used to have another account?

steven

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 5:55 PM, COCHEDELAFERTE <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Steven,
>

> OK, i made that, and now i'm logged in permanently. But i doesn't recovered
> my Blue share. Maybe i need to install the latest version (my actual is
> 2.3.3) ?
>

> Cheers,
>
> Sergio

Re: Changing Webhosts

COCHEDELAFERTE
Hi Steven,

Visibly i recreated the same account i had, same name, same mail and, of course, same password. Now i'm logged in as, finally, always.

The only thing is that isn't sufficient for Blue share. If you want, i'll copy here  the error message, but it-s relatively long and i think that a copy/paste isn't possible.

Cheers,

Sergio

Re: Changing Webhosts

Steven Yi
Oh, don't worry, I just tried within blue 2.4.3 and got a large error
message.  I'll look into cleaning all this up tonight.  I'll reply
here once everything is back in order.

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 6:30 PM, COCHEDELAFERTE <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Steven,
>

> Visibly i recreated the same account i had, same name, same mail and, of
> course, same password. Now i'm logged in as, finally, always.
>
> The only thing is that isn't sufficient for Blue share. If you want, i'll
> copy here  the error message, but it-s relatively long and i think that a
> copy/paste isn't possible.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Sergio

Re: Changing Webhosts

Steven Yi
I found the problem with blueShare giving an error when used within
Blue.  That should now be fixed.  I'll continue to look at the user
flow tonight.

Thanks again for reporting that!
steven

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 6:32 PM, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Oh, don't worry, I just tried within blue 2.4.3 and got a large error
> message.  I'll look into cleaning all this up tonight.  I'll reply
> here once everything is back in order.
>
> Thanks!
> steven
>
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 6:30 PM, COCHEDELAFERTE <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Steven,
>>

>> Visibly i recreated the same account i had, same name, same mail and, of
>> course, same password. Now i'm logged in as, finally, always.
>>
>> The only thing is that isn't sufficient for Blue share. If you want, i'll
>> copy here  the error message, but it-s relatively long and i think that a
>> copy/paste isn't possible.
>>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Sergio

Re: Changing Webhosts

Steven Yi
Hi All,

I think I've fixed up user registration. What should happen now is
that once you enter in your user info, the encrypted password is now
saved correctly.  You'll still get sent to the login page after
registration.  I have in mind to update this all to be more like it
used to be before the upgrade to rails 3.2, but since it at least
functions now, I'll leave it for the moment.

My plans are to do a big website redesign once I get the Audio layers
finished. (Finally got back into coding on it, though am still
spending a lot of time on Csound 6, for better or for worse. :P)

If you all find any further issues, please do let me know!

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 6:41 PM, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I found the problem with blueShare giving an error when used within
> Blue.  That should now be fixed.  I'll continue to look at the user
> flow tonight.
>
> Thanks again for reporting that!
> steven
>
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 6:32 PM, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Oh, don't worry, I just tried within blue 2.4.3 and got a large error
>> message.  I'll look into cleaning all this up tonight.  I'll reply
>> here once everything is back in order.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> steven
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 6:30 PM, COCHEDELAFERTE <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi Steven,
>>>

>>> Visibly i recreated the same account i had, same name, same mail and, of
>>> course, same password. Now i'm logged in as, finally, always.
>>>
>>> The only thing is that isn't sufficient for Blue share. If you want, i'll
>>> copy here  the error message, but it-s relatively long and i think that a
>>> copy/paste isn't possible.
>>>

>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Sergio

Re: Changing Webhosts

COCHEDELAFERTE
Hi Steven,

Thank's greatly for Blue share within Blue now working as well !

cheers,

Sergio