Can more than one instance of the Csound~ object run in Max MSP?

Can more than one instance of the Csound~ object run in Max MSP?

Nitram
Hi folks.

I'm wondering if more than one instance of the Csound~ object can run in Max MSP? I'm guessing this isn't possible as it would need several corresponding csound scripts to be run simultaneously.

Thanks.

Re: [Csnd] Can more than one instance of the Csound~ object run in Max MSP?

Victor Lazzarini
It is supposed to be possible. If it's not working it's a bug.

> On 23 Feb 2017, at 08:23, Nitram <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi folks.
>
> I'm wondering if more than one instance of the Csound~ object can run in Max
> MSP? I'm guessing this isn't possible as it would need several corresponding
> csound scripts to be run simultaneously.
>
> Thanks.

Re: Can more than one instance of the Csound~ object run in Max MSP?

lorangeverte
Hello,

For a few months I am working in this way with csound~ and Max (just like an interface for Csound), not only possible to play multiple instances of an instrument, but it is also works perfectly!
However, you need to know deeply the csound~ object, to program in Max and not only in Csound...

First, maybe you could try to control a basic csound instrument in Max (I think that control an oscil opcode is good starting point), after that try to format the control names in csound and max...

Have a good day!

Lorangeverte

Thanks, Victor.

Re: Can more than one instance of the Csound~ object run in Max MSP?

Nitram
Thanks also, lorangeverte.