Quantcast

Blue site login

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Blue site login

Steven Yi
Hi All,

I have updated the Blue website (and, by extension, BlueShare) to
accept logins using either email address or username.

Please let me know if you run into any issues.

Thanks!
steven

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Bluemusic-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Blue site login

Menno Knevel
just for completeness sake:
- i can login in the Blue site with username AND email
- i can login from BlueShare with email ONLY
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Blue site login

Steven Yi
Hi Menno,

Thanks for reporting this.  A quick glance at the code shows why it is
the case.  I need to figure out what to do about BlueShare as a whole
(whether to keep going with Rails or recode it using Clojure, or
something else).  I've filed issue #338 to keep track of this and will
be sure to fix the issue once I figure out what to do about the site.

Thanks!
steven

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 8:33 AM, Menno Knevel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> just for completeness sake:
> - i can login in the Blue site with username AND email
> - i can login from BlueShare with email ONLY
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Blue-site-login-tp5751382p5751789.html
> Sent from the Csound - Blue - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> Bluemusic-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Bluemusic-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Blue site login

Menno Knevel
talking about BlueShare and BSB instruments: it happens that when designing an instrument, it would sometimes be better to let instrument do the generating of data and a second instrument do the playing of that data.
Two examples i have are the ImagaePlayer and the PadsynthXtended. In both cases, first data have to be calculated and that takes a while. I can see that, once the data is calculated, the playhead cursor of Blue is jumping back in order to really play and use that generated data.

I do not know if it is possible to encapsulate 2 instruments in one BSB to avoid this. But perhaps you have an idea.
BlueShare should them be able to hold those 2 instruments as one BSB.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Blue site login

Steven Yi
Hi Menno,

I'm not sure exactly yet how to go about this.  On the one hand, I
understand what you are talking about, but on the other hand, the
ramifications of implementing something like would be that the concept
of instruments may become complicated and the compilation system would
have to be updated to deal with potential sub-instrument name
conflicts.

I think I'll need to research this a bit further.  Could you file a
ticket for this?

Thanks!
steven

On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 12:03 PM, Menno Knevel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> talking about BlueShare and BSB instruments: it happens that when designing
> an instrument, it would sometimes be better to let instrument do the
> generating of data and a second instrument do the playing of that data.
> Two examples i have are the ImagaePlayer and the PadsynthXtended. In both
> cases, first data have to be calculated and that takes a while. I can see
> that, once the data is calculated, the playhead cursor of Blue is jumping
> back in order to really play and use that generated data.
>
> I do not know if it is possible to encapsulate 2 instruments in one BSB to
> avoid this. But perhaps you have an idea.
> BlueShare should them be able to hold those 2 instruments as one BSB.
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Blue-site-login-tp5751382p5751927.html
> Sent from the Csound - Blue - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> _______________________________________________
> Bluemusic-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Bluemusic-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Blue site login

Menno Knevel

I'm just thinking aloud in order to get a better idea of the options to transfer instruments and its subinstruments to and back from BlueShare:

about the ImagePlayer and PadsynthXtended again - since generated data is needed for the actual Play part of these instruments,  wouldn't it be possible to generate these data as instrument 0 in the csd?
I mean, they are all i-time values: Padsynth could use different ftables in a composition, and for ImagePlayer there must be some solution in the form of arrays?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Blue site login

Steven Yi
I think for instrument 0 things, you could use the "Global Orchestra"
tab to write code and it should be generated as instrument 0 code in
the final CSD.  It seems though that you are using code in that tab
for at least the version of ImagePlayer I have here.  Is there
something I'm missing?


On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 10:54 AM, Menno Knevel <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> I'm just thinking aloud in order to get a better idea of the options to
> transfer instruments and its subinstruments to and back from BlueShare:
>
> about the ImagePlayer and PadsynthXtended again - since generated data is
> needed for the actual Play part of these instruments,  wouldn't it be
> possible to generate these data as instrument 0 in the csd?
> I mean, they are all i-time values: Padsynth could use different ftables in
> a composition, and for ImagePlayer there must be some solution in the form
> of arrays?
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Blue-site-login-tp5751382p5752036.html
> Sent from the Csound - Blue - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> _______________________________________________
> Bluemusic-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Bluemusic-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bluemusic-users
Loading...