Beginner questions on realtime csound work

12

Re: Re: Beginner questions on realtime csound work

rorywalsh
I'm pretty sure he used one of the pitch tracking opcodes and then,
according to whatever notes may have been input, his instrument would
in turn process the audio in a particular way. Are you having problems
with this approach? If so present the simplest instrument you can to
the list and we will see where the problem might be. If you wish to
pose a more in-depth question on peoples personal experiences with
realtime control I'm afraid you may have to wait longer for an answer.

Rory.

On 31 January 2011 18:30, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I haven't done too much of this. I know Iain McCurdy wrote a live
> piece that using the notes of the flute to trigger different
> processes. Perhaps you may ask him how he tackled the problem/
>
> Rory.
>

> On 31 January 2011 14:08, Enrico Francioni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> rory ok ... I'm sorry.
>>
>> But I did not want to work with MIDI,
>> but using only the microphone
>>
>> thanks

>> --

Send bugs reports to the Sourceforge bug tracker
            https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=81968&atid=564599
To unsubscribe, send email [hidden email] with body "unsubscribe csound"

Re: Re: Beginner questions on realtime csound work

Enrico Francioni

thanks rory,

I am in communication with Iain.
His examples and its parts which also employs pitchamdf and pitch are very eloquent (eg Three Breaths for flute and live electronics)
Now I use pitchamdf with the simple examples.

I understand that there are two ways to deal with the incoming signal that controls the algorithm: the pitch or the amplitude ...
know other ways to treat the signal coming from a microphone
that controls the algorithm? Perhaps acting on the sound spectrum (fft)?

Re: Re: Beginner questions on realtime csound work

rorywalsh
Analysing the spectrum would give you even more information to work
with. Regarding interactive music, I've never been that bothered by
the analysis stage. It's what composers do with that analysis
information that interests me.

Rory.