Quantcast

AutomationAllowed or not

Menno Knevel
Hi,

i have a question on the "automationAllowed" option in the BSB Checkbox. Considering the following lines:

if (<LOC_on> == 1) then                                                         ; location on/off
    jacktransport <start/stop>, <location>                        ; icommand [, ilocation]
else
    jacktransport <start/stop>                                        ; icommand only
endif

When the Checkbox <LOC_on> is set to "AutomationAllowed" but it is == 0, still the command jacktransport <start/stop>, <location> is executed.
When i deactivate the option "AutomationAllowed" the if..then..else...endif construction works like it should.

Can someone explain what is happening and why?

Re: AutomationAllowed or not

Steven Yi
I think this may be an issue with it being a k-rate check if
automation is allowed, and the opcodes may be doing something at
init-time. Does it change anything if you use i(<LOC_on>) ?

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 3:39 PM, Menno Knevel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i have a question on the "automationAllowed" option in the BSB Checkbox.
> Considering the following lines:
>
> if (<LOC_on> == 1) then
> ; location on/off
>     jacktransport       <start/stop>, <location>                        ; icommand
> [, ilocation]
> else
>     jacktransport       <start/stop>                                        ;
> icommand only
> endif
>
> When the Checkbox <LOC_on> is set to "AutomationAllowed" but it is == 0,
> still the command jacktransport <start/stop>, <location> is executed.
> When i deactivate the option "AutomationAllowed" the if..then..else...endif
> construction works like it should.
>
> Can someone explain what is happening and why?

Re: AutomationAllowed or not

Menno Knevel
you are right.

if (i(<LOC_on>) == 1) then
    prints "ḧello\n"
else
    prints "goodbye\n"
endif

This produces the expected outcome and an Automation Line.
thanks!

I will have to update all my BlueShare instruments that uses a checkbox :P

BTW, do you think it might be possible to upload Sound SoundObjects to BlueShare?

Re: AutomationAllowed or not

Steven Yi
Glad that works out!  I think it would be great to have the ability to
share Sound SoundObjects in BlueShare.  I feel like I have a lot going
on at the moment, but I certainly will plan to add  that when I can.