Quantcast

Automation Lines midifyable

menno
Hi Steven,

do you think it is possible to make the Automation Lines midifyable or OSC-able?
Perhaps a connection between the opcodes ctrl7 or ctrl14 / OSClisten and the Automation Lines in Blue?

Re: Automation Lines midifyable

Steven Yi
Hi Menno,

This should be possible, but I'm reserving this kind of work for Blue
3.x. My plan is for Blue 3 is to have a nice MIDI and OSC manager that
will help route sources to targets (generally to widgets, though
perhaps also to actions too).  That unfortunately will take a little
time.

I mentioned at the Csound Conference in my presentation--though it may
not have been explained well--that I am planning parallel development
starting shortly.  I will be back on Blue dev this week after taking a
little break to prepare for the conference.  My plan is to resume and
finish the first version of AudioLayers (Blue 2.6). After that, I will
either create the 3.x branch then or try moving back to the Maven
build system, then do the branch.  After the branch, I will be working
both on 3.x, which focuses heavily on realtime (score changes in
realtime, instrument updating, modulations, MIDI/OSC), and continuing
the 2.x series, particularly refining features and adding new
LayerGroup types (UPIC, Notation, etc.).

As for releases, I'm not quite sure what I'll do. I think I will
periodically merge in changes from 2.x into 3.x, so that any 3.x build
will have 2.x and more.  That will hopefully mean that I can do test
releases of 3.x over the coming months that will be compatible with
2.x project changes.

Hope that lays out the game plan well enough.  I'm not sure as to
timing of schedule for 3.x yet, but all I can say is that I'm eager to
work on it. :)

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 2:43 PM, menno <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Steven,
>
> do you think it is possible to make the Automation Lines midifyable or
> OSC-able?
> Perhaps a connection between the opcodes ctrl7 or ctrl14 / OSClisten and the
> Automation Lines in Blue?

Re: Automation Lines midifyable

menno
i notice that some posts do not make it in the Nabble Csound forum anymore, but can be viewed in the  Bluemusic-users Digest or the Csound Digest.
So it looks, in Nabble, that i am replying to myself but i assure you i am not talking to myself :)

I could not make it to the Csound Conference 2 but am excited to hear about your plans for working on a 3.x branch. If you need a volunteer as a betatester for 3.x? - count me in. Your plans sound great.

In the case of betatesting it would mean that there will be 2 versions of Blue on my computer - one for production, the other for betatesting.

Re: Automation Lines midifyable

Steven Yi
Hi Menno,

Yes having multiple testing/release versions will be tricky over the
next period of time.  Hopefully I'll be able to manage something sane.
It might be possible that projects will be able to be opened in newer
versions without problems, but going backwards might fail to load or
just not load features that aren't there and then you'd lose any thing
related to new features.  I'd recommend doing only testing with any
test versions and to keep using only releases for real work.

steven