2017-07-03 what's your favorite front-end?

2017-07-03 what's your favorite front-end?

Cacophony7
I tried CsoundQt and I ran my last code yesterday... I think.
I willing to try blue again I got Csound with no python and maybe I should reinstall it including Java.
I downloaded Cecilia or whatever it's called and I didn't really give it a chance.
What does cabbage do? I'm very interested. I don't know what cabbage does.
Is it a front-end or just a framework?

A front-end is a program that opens another program.
but what is a framework? I've heard of them before.
Oh, by the way, is it front-end, frontend, or front end?

Re: [Csnd] 2017-07-03 what's your favorite front-end?

iron_attorney
I use csoundQt for day to day experimentation and development, but I have also used cabbage a few times when I've wanted a nice GUI to play with. Both are very useful, and cabbage is a great framework with it's own decent documentation and community.

I haven't tried blue since I was totally fresh to programming and I couldn't figure it out, so I can't give a real perspective on that.